Feedback from providersShirley has been known to me in a professional capacity for three years, initially by her reputation for delivering training to teaching assistants, school support staff and parents within the London Borough of Enfield’s school. She is held in high regard by fellow professionals and Headteachers for the quality of the training she has provided.
Over the past year I have worked directly with her as she has contributed to a range of courses for school support staff which are held centrally and adhere to national occupational standards as well as the tailored training which she has carried out in individual schools.
Shirley possesses all the qualities of an excellent trainer.
- She has sensitivity to the needs of adult learners.
- She is confident to advise on training and development maters to senior leadership teams and Headteachers.
- She is an expert within her chosen fields who regularly updates and expands her own knowledge and understanding.
- Her sessions are carefully planned, appropriately resources and enthusiastically delivered.
- She has the experience of delivering training in a wide range of settings.
- She has outstanding inter-personal skills which coupled with her wide ranging experience enable her to deal appropriately with any challenges which may arise.
- She has a genuine passion to promote the self-esteem and attainment of her trainees.
She is extremely self reliant but also keeps other key personnel well appraised. Her enthusiasm for her work is infectious and she is an asset to any training and development programme in which she is involved. I recommend her to you without reservation.
Kathy Hall, Learning Consultant, Enfield School Improvement Service
Shirley has worked for Camden's Training and Media Service for several years. During that time she has designed and run training for a range of support staff including teaching assistants, midday supervisors, as well as for teachers. She has delivered a variety of programmes to support staff development, particularly around managing behaviour and developing relationships.
She is an excellent trainer/tutor with a high level of interpersonal skills used to good effect with candidates and colleagues alike. Shirley has consistently high quality evaluations from all her sessions. She is well-prepared and completely reliable. I can thoroughly recommend her.
Gillian Tilbrook, Head of Camden Training & Media Service
Feedback from participants"The sessions involved a mix of instruction, discussion and reflection and the feedback from the Lunchtime staff was extremely positive"
Headteacher of Hazelwood Infant School, Enfield.
"It was very well received. Everyone seemed enthusiastic. I really hope we will be able to invite you back for a follow up session."
Deputy Headteacher of Highfield Infant School, Enfield
"I didn't know what to expect and I was pleasantly surprised. I found it extremely useful and would do it again"
Lunch time Supervisor, Paddington Green School, Westminster.